The reason/excuse for my lack of blogging is indeed Algebra 1. This is the only class that I currently have a "B" in. This is the hardest class in History, the teacher is Mrs. Holden and she has been teaching for 40 something years. She gives us tons of homework every night. On top of Algebra 1 is cheerleading. I've got a pretty tough mandatory practice schedule. I do have a story to tell though. Today in cheer we were for the first time trying to do double downs(when the flyer does two twists). I kept doing 1 and 1/2's and landing on my belly in their arms. The last time I did it, my chin hit my backspots shoulder which made me bite my cheek. I've got a pretty deep sore in the back of my mouth but the good news is that i didn't cry a single tear!!!!!! I'm so proud.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
double downs can be tricky but make sure u are goin all da way up before you spin. think of one spin up and one spin down. and squeeze ur butt, have ur feet together and try crossing ur arms across ur chest
Hey Emily,
I had Mrs. Holden as a teacher, too. She is very tough, but you will be SO thankful for her when you go to college. I knew everything in my college algebra class because she taught it in Algebra I. Many of my friends from other high schools struggled so much with that college algebra. I truly did not appreciate Mrs. Holden until I was in college. Now I can say that she was one of my all-time favorite teachers, but I didn't see that when I was in her class. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment